[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils 1.4.16-8 (Test)
Sun Nov 14 17:23:47 GMT 2021
> On 2021-11-03 10:59, Mark Geisert wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> * cygutils-1.4.16-8
> * cygutils-extra-1.4.16-8
> * cygutils-x11-1.4.16-8
The '-u' or '-d' option of getclip does not seem to work properly under xterm.
How to reproduce:
1) Open an xterm
2) Select a simple piece of text (with no line ending)
3) getclip -u
4) Observe 'Segmentation fault(core dumped)'
If step 2 is replaced by ‘printf AAAA | putclip', no error.
If step 3 is replaced by ‘getclip’, no error.
I can’t tell whether this is new or not.
1) If (under xterm) i select a piece of text with a line end, then i can observe ‘\r\n’ at the end (using getclip | od -c)
2) If i select a piece of text with a line end with putclip, i can only observe ‘\n’ at the end (echo "AAAA" | putclip | getclip | od -c)
3) I launch ‘xwin’ with ‘option -clipboard’ (the default), i suppose this does not matter
4) It might be related to xorg-server-21.1.0-1 (TEST) that i installed recently (2021-11-04), however xwinclip-21-1.0-1 didn’t come with the rest
More information about the Cygwin