How to convert heic to jpg

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:30:47 GMT 2021

On 14.11.2021 12:01, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
> Ages ago there was a thread about what package(s) to install in order to be able to
> $ convert img001.heic img002.jpg
> but I cannot now find it. Can anybody help?
> Note 1 Under Package Search "heic" I found ImageMagick; but I have that already, to no effect.
> Note 2 One used to be able to enter "site:cygwin.com heic" (or similar) in the Google search bar
> to search Mail Archives but now that seems to provide incomplete responses. Is there a variation
> on this that provides an exhaustive search of the archives?

https://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg168216.html

$ man heif-convert | cat |head
HEIF-THUMBNAILER(1)                   General Commands Manual
        HEIF-THUMBNAILER(1)

NAME
        heif-convert - convert HEIC/HEIF image

SYNOPSIS
        heif-convert [-q QUALITY] filename output[.jpg|.png|.y4m]

DESCRIPTION
        heif-convert Convert HEIC/HEIF image to a different image format.