Problem with permissions - veritas backup software not working

Cary Lewis cary.lewis@gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:08:21 GMT 2021

Something ran off the rails with my windows 10 PC running cygwin a few
months ago.

I am using Veritas System Recovery System to backup my machine, and it
started failing about 6 months ago.

When I run a diagnostic that is supposed to confirm if the VSS subsystem is
working correctly, it complains that the C:\  SYSTEM does not have full
control. When I attempt to run the 'fix' it complains that the access
control list is not in canonical order.

Can someone please try to explain what might be going on, and how I might
fix it?

Is it safe to try to use the icals /reset utility or will that break
cygwin's permission handling?