Problem with ssh(d)

Strasser, Dominik (DI SW ICS ICV) dominik.strasser@onespin.com
Wed Nov 10 14:50:12 GMT 2021

Hi all,
I am facing the following problem with my sshd installation.

We are in an AD environment. AD holds the needed data for ssh(d) to
work. I can log into cygwin using ssh. But if I have a key stored
.ssh/authorized_keys for passwordless login, the groups my user is in
differs from the one w/o an authorized keys. Unfortunately exactly the
group(s) for accessing the shared filesystems is missing. We were
investigating a lot and the only workaround we found is that the sshd
service runs under the user we want to log in. This unfortunately
disables any other user to log into the cygwin machine. When debugging
ssh with -vvv, there is no visible difference between the login with
authorized_keys or without (of course there is a difference wrt. the
login method).

This is cygwin 3.2.0 and openssh openssh-8.8p1-1.

Any clues ?

Best regards

Dominik

--
Dominik Strasser       | Phone:  +49 89 99013-436
OneSpin Solutions GmbH | Fax:    +49 89 99013-100

OneSpin Solutions GmbH
A Siemens business

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thurauf
Sitz: Muenchen; Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 139 464
UstID#: DE 814 413 215