[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygutils 1.4.16-8 (Test)

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Fri Nov 5 08:53:06 GMT 2021

Hi Takashi,

Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
[...]
> I guess you just forgot to expand struct timespec in 32bit to
> 64bit layout in the following code.
>
> -      if (cygNewFormat)
> +      if (cygNewFormat == 2)
>           {
>             cygcb_t *clipbufX = (cygcb_t *) clipbuf;
> +          clipbufX->cb_size = convlen;
> +          clock_gettime (CLOCK_REALTIME, &clipbufX->ts);
> +          memcpy (&clipbufX[1], convbuf, convlen);
> +        }
> +      else if (cygNewFormat == 1)
> +          cygcb_old_t *clipbufX = (cygcb_old_t *) clipbuf;

I appreciate the assist.  I had just completed the needed builds when your message
came in :-).  You are correct on the root cause.

I have tested and committed a fix to the cygutils git repository if you or anybody
else needs the fix before -9 is released in a couple weeks:
https://cygwin.com/git?p=cygwin-apps/cygutils.git;a=commitdiff;h=ecb76449ca233873d01feacd3dfd22cbf7e95e34

Thanks & Regards,

..mark