How to disable the default bypass of the ACL permissions checking in Cygwin

Sandy sandy@autonomia.digital
Tue May 25 16:44:21 GMT 2021

Hi there,

We are from the NGO Centro de Autonomia Digital (CAD) based in Quito,
Ecuador. We have been using Msys2 to test our project Coyim
(http://github.com/coyim/coyim) in Windows environments.

The tests are currently running on GitHub Actions, using the Windows
Server 2019 Datacenter.

We have one specific test case that is failing because of interesting
behavior in Msys2. The full description of the issue is available at the
following link:

https://github.com/msys2/msys2-runtime/issues/45

Thanks to the help of one of the Msys2 developers, we found that Cygwin
bypasses the checking of the Windows ACL permissions when it runs with
administrative privileges.

We would like to know if it is possible to change this behavior of
Cygwin or at least have his point of view of how we could control the
permissions even in this scenario.

Thank you very much for your help on this, and thanks to all the team
behind the amazing Cygwin product.

Cheers.