Building resource-only DLL under Cygwin.

Kaz Kylheku kaz@kylheku.com
Fri May 21 00:33:08 GMT 2021

Hi all!

I was just wondering; have any of you ever tried to build a
resource-only DLL using the Cygwin toolchain environment?

I mean, starting with a .rc file, build a .res, and then link it into a
working resource-only DLL?

I know that adding resources to executables is perfectly possible; I'm
specifically asking about resource-only DLLs.

If you use Microsoft's tools, you must specify the /NOENTRY linker
option to indicate that the object has no DllMain.

Can we do the analog of this with the GNU-based toolchain on Cygwin?

Thanks.