[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openblas-0.3.14-1

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed May 19 10:56:33 GMT 2021

On 19.05.2021 11:12, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 21:03:03 +0200
> Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> New releases 0.3.14-1 of
>>

> After upgrading libopenblas from 0.3.12-2 to 0.3.14-1,
> octave 5.2.0 crashes on plot command in 64 bit environment.
> In 32 bit cygwin (WoW64), this does not happen. Reverting
> libopenblas to 0.3.12-1 resolve the issue.
>
> octave:1> plot([])
> fatal: caught signal Illegal instruction -- stopping myself...
> Illegal instruction(core dumped)
>
> My environment:
> OS: Windows 10 20H2 (64 bit)
> CPU: Inte Core i7 870 (Lynnfield)
>
> [yano@Express5800-S70 ~]$ cygcheck -c cygwin octave libopenblas
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> cygwin               3.2.0-1        OK
> libopenblas          0.3.14-1       OK
> octave               5.2.0-1        OK
>
> By starting octave-cli in gdb, it stops at vmovaps instruction
> in gemm_(). IIUC, vmovaps is an AVX instruction which is not
> supported by Core i7 870.
>
> In another PC with Core i7-4790 which supports AVX, the issue
> does not occur.

Hi Takashi,

maybe is time to build the 0.3.15 ....
https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/releases

x86_64:

     added support for Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET)
     reverted the DOMATCOPY_RT code to the generic C version
     fixed a bug in the AVX512 SGEMM kernel introduced in 0.3.14
     fixed misapplication of -msse flag to non-SSE cpus in DYNAMIC_ARCH
     added support for compilation of the benchmarks on older OSX versions
     fixed propagation of the NO_AVX512 option in CMAKE builds
     fixed compilation of the AVX512 SGEMM kernel with clang-cl on Windows
     fixed compilation of the CTESTs with INTERFACE64=1 (random faults
on OSX)
     corrected the Haswell DROT kernel to require AVX2/FMA3 rather than
AVX512

give me some time, openblas is a bit time consuming

Regards
Marco