[ANNOUNCEMENT] rebase 4.5.0-1
Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce
Tue May 18 08:12:08 GMT 2021
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
This package contains the Cygwin rebase utilities. Use rebase for
specific DLLs or rebaseall for all DLLs installed by Cygwin's setup.exe.
- Introduce --merge-files (-M) flag.
The --merge-files flag is to update the database for new files, without
performing a rebase. The file names provided should have been rebased
using the --oblivious flag just before.
- Introduce --high-entropy-va (-e) flag.
This flag allows for setting, clearing, and displaying the value of the
"high entropy va" dll characteristics flag, which is required to indicate
that a DLL is 64 bit ASLR clean.
- The --verbose option now prints a reason why rebase is necessary.
- Some errors causing an unnecessary rebase are fixed.
- Add a --with-posix-shell configure flag to use other shells than dash to
be used as default shell in scripts. This is only interesting when
building rebase for non-Cygwin distros.
More information about the Cygwin