[ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin 3.2.0-0.1 (TEST)

André Bleau andre_bleau@hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:38:52 GMT 2021

Hi,

Last year, I reported a problem about console output with pcon support. For the simple test program, see:
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-May/244742.html

I was told (https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-May/244745.html) that I need to inset the following lines in my program:

#include <windows.h>
DWORD mode;
GetConsoleMode(GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE), &mode);
mode |= ENABLE_VIRTUAL_TERMINAL_PROCESSING;
SetConsoleMode(GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE), mode);

It worked.

Now, I just downloaded cygwin 3.2.0-0.1 and retested my program with and without the above lines. Both work correctly.

Are the above lines no longer necessary? In that case, it could be useful to say so in the release notes.

Thanks to contributors for the good work.

- André Bleau