Home directory was not created

KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) Panagiotis.KAVALAGIOS@ext.eeas.europa.eu
Wed Mar 3 12:59:06 GMT 2021

Yes, I am aware of this, but I prefer separate home directories to avoid confusion with the Windows programs. For example, we have Git for Windows and Git of Cygwin. The former consults %USERPROFILE%\.gitconfig and the latter $HOME/.gitconfig. You might need to set different options according to the environment you are running git and if they are the same, this is not possible.

> > We are running Cygwin from "C:\Program Files" for years without issue.
>
> Coincidence, I'm sure.
>
> > A space in the directory name is a very supported character for Unix
> > and Unix-like systems as well.
>
> Except script writers rarely account for that. Unfortunately.

That's true, but instead of advising for non-space installation paths, let's all install Cygwin under a space-containing path and identify all those individual cases. The space character in the path deserves more respect :)

Panos