Home directory was not created

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Mar 3 11:55:35 GMT 2021

Greetings, KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT)!

>> All postinstall steps failed because of BLODA or installation path:
>>
>> 2021/02/09 17:48:06 running: C:\Program Files\Cygwin\bin\dash.exe
>> "/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash"
>>        0 [main] dash (2296) shared_info::initialize: size of shared memory region
>> changed from 49080 to 40888
>> 2021/02/09 17:48:20 abnormal exit: exit code=-1073741819 ...
>>
>> Installing under Program\ Files causes issues because of space in path names
>> and BLODA-like AV protections on those paths.

> The installation is performed by powershell script that runs with the super
> admin (system user/nt authority) from local repository that normally
> bypasses all those kind of AV restrictions. I start it from the Cygwin icon
> that runs mintty under the hood. I don't know who took those 8KB from the
> script's shared memory, but indeed it looks like a BLODA interference. I
> will ask the package to be re-installed.

In such (administrative install) case, the Cygwin user directories should be
redirected, f.e. to the user's profile, IMO.
See nsswitch.conf for examples and possible options of such redirection.

> We are running Cygwin from "C:\Program Files" for years without issue.

Coincidence, I'm sure.

> A space in the directory name is a very supported character for Unix and
> Unix-like systems as well.

Except script writers rarely account for that. Unfortunately.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...