Custom locales seem not to work

Sat Jun 26 19:29:30 GMT 2021

On 2021-06-26 08:58, Алекса -скрыто- via Cygwin wrote:
>> I have never seen ie used as a language code under Linux systems, and it
>> is interlingual, associated with unspecified territory code XX, so you
>> would have to set each locale category separately to achieve the desired
>> effects: fr_CH or en_US.

> ... the locale should be set to "ie_XX.UTF-8", which the locale data provides, not "C" like Cygwin does now.

Which are non-interoperable Windows-only totally meaningless language
and territory values to Cygwin startup or any Cygwin, Linux, or Unix
program based on Unix libraries or code, so everything might map to the
system default locale at best, or hardwired built-in C/POSIX locale at
worst.

That custom locale would be better if developed as a fr_CH replacement
or supplementary Windows locale.