Custom locales seem not to work

Mon Jun 21 20:06:59 GMT 2021

On 2021-06-21 12:21, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 21.06.2021 um 15:23 schrieb Алекса -скрыто- via Cygwin:
>> I noticed that Cygwin-linked applications fail to use the proper
>> language code from a Windows custom locale, and revert to C instead.
>> Is that a bug?

> If you define a Windows custom locale, how would you expect it to be
> referred to from cygwin, i.e. which POSIX locale name should be used to
> be mapped to it and how should this mapping be magically deployed into
> cygwin?
> I don't think such a mechanism can easily be designed or implemented.

If the OP is using a Windows supplemental or replacement locale
installation, rather than just customizing the locale information, could
they please export the LDML as UTF8 text and attach it to their post.
If the locale identifiers are sufficiently non-standard, they would
require a custom mapping in Cygwin.