bug in cygwin tar reading unexpected input(s)...

Russell VT russellvt@gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 01:47:40 GMT 2021

Replay by from my phone, so it's a bit brief...

Try opening a Cygwin terminal AS administrator, making sure it gives you
the "process may modify the system" warning dialog, etc... Then repeat

If it works, or complains less, then the problem is permissions at *some*
level.

Despite Windows having "administrator" type groups, they are STILL
protected parts of the filesystem, etc. There will be fewer protections by
using the "system" account, etc.

WARNING: Using this account MAY produce irreparable harm to the system. Do
this at your own risk.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russellvt@gmail.com

This message was sent from my wireless handheld device.