Python for Windows reports wrong local time when run under Cygwin on Europe/Moscow TZ

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Jun 8 14:15:45 GMT 2021

On 2021/06/08 07:10, Mike Kaganski wrote:
> so any "answers" like yours "why do you ask here" are
> off-topic.
---
But what most people dont' see -- I didn't say you *shouldn't*
post here, I asked why when the evidence suggested the problem
was python reading TZ info from 2 sources -- like config files
and ENV.  Honestly I wasn't saying you shouldn't have asked
here, just questioning your logic/reasoning.

I'm just not very clear on where I'm going in a conversation
sometimes, as I take a very round-about path, which if taken,
often ends up getting someone to where they want to go, but
certainly not via a str8-line.  *sigh*....

*cheers*