CYGWIN + windos10 + eclipse clp prolog

Thu Jul 29 07:38:29 GMT 2021

On 2021-07-28 02:03, Manu goswami via Cygwin wrote:
> I have previously build eclipse clp prolog several times in CYGWIN
> but suddenly it has started to show ‘SEGMENTATION FAULT’ even after
> fully reinstalling CYGWIN and removing (manually deleting) old
> Cygwin.  No error is reported at build time and .exe is successfully
> generated but on execution of .exe file after build shows ‘
> SEGMENTATION FAULT’. Kindly support in resolving most urgently.

If you want to see replies to your questions, subscribe to the mailing
list, or view the replies on one of the many web based message archives
of the mailing list, including that at cygwin.com.

Report upstream to wherever you got the sources for whatever "eclipse
clp prolog" is - in whatever language(s) they use - web links to
projects and sources are more informative than garbled buzzwords.

SIGSEGV is a symptom of a programming error - out of bounds access -
caused by following the wrong pointer to an invalid location, using a
NULL pointer, array or buffer index incorrect, use after free, incorrect
object size or indirection, just to suggest some of the most frequent
and common causes.

If you have made your own local and/or recent changes to the sources,
they are invariably the likely cause of the issue, so recheck any recent
local work very carefully.

The Cygwin project provides packages for execution and development but,
as Cygwin is an all volunteer effort, with limited personnel each with
limited time, so all projects built using those packages are the
responsibility of those projects downstream of Cygwin, otherwise we
would not have any time to maintain and expand the packages supported.