search and install packages via bash?

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sat Jul 10 14:20:33 GMT 2021

On 7/10/2021 10:13 AM, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
 > On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 at 22:15, Richard Beels via Cygwin wrote:
 >> 2, use fzf.  i don't use it (yet?) but it should be something like:

 > Just as a warning: the fzf package available on Cygwin is an old and
 > unsupported version. The upstream fzf project switched to Go, which doesn't
 > have a Cygwin compiler, so bringing it up-to-date is not an easy project.

I've noticed that gcc supports go (gccgo).  I gather that gccgo has not been
ported to cygwin, and that there is some problem doing so?  I did notice
remarks about using small stacks for goroutines requires the Gold linker.

It's more a point of curiosity, but perhaps someone could expand a bit on the
details :-) ...

Regards - Eliot Moss