cygwin-3.2.0 + windows 10 - russian cyrilic input is broken

Егоров Егор egor.y.egorov@gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:35:41 GMT 2021

Hello!
May be bisect result help:

e_egorov@inp-w-egorov-e /tmp/newlib-cygwin
$ git bisect bad
ff4440fcf7687d9af05f4c2fcb163fca5b2167f9 is the first bad commit
commit ff4440fcf7687d9af05f4c2fcb163fca5b2167f9
Author: Takashi Yano via Cygwin-patches <cygwin-patches@cygwin.com>
Date:   Tue Feb 16 20:37:05 2021 +0900

    Cygwin: console: Introduce new thread which handles input signal.

    - Currently, Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-\ and SIGWINCH does not work in console
      if the process does not call read() or select(). This is because
      these are processed in process_input_message() which is called
      from read() or select(). This is a long standing issue of console.
      Addresses:
        https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2020-May/244898.html
        https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-February/247779.html

      With this patch, new thread which handles only input signals is
      introduced so that Crtl-Z, etc. work without calling read() or
      select(). Ctrl-S and Ctrl-Q are also handled in this thread.

 winsup/cygwin/exceptions.cc       |   1 +
 winsup/cygwin/fhandler.h          |   5 +-
 winsup/cygwin/fhandler_console.cc | 177