Inode number and file size problems in version 3.2.1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Jul 7 17:08:55 GMT 2021

On 7/7/2021 4:50 AM, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin wrote:
> On Jul  6 11:53, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
>> [Please don't top-post on this list.  Thanks.]
>>
>> On 7/6/2021 5:15 AM, Ruurd Beerstra wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I missed those question - sorry. This ping is the first I saw i response
>>> to my question.
>>
>> That was my guess and was the reason I added you to the CC on the ping and
>> on this message.  (The custom on this list is *not* to do that.)
>>
>>> The drive "i:" is a simple "subst":
>>>
>>> C:\>subst
>>> I:\: => C:\users\ruurd
>>>
>>> C:\>
>>>
>>> But, to my surprise, that actually causes the problem!  The
>>> cygwin64.broken is the Cygwin version with the problem.
>>> If I use the SUBST drive, I get the wrong dates, sizes and inodes. When
>>> I use it directly, it is OK!
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I think I see the commit that introduced this bug, and Corinna just reverted it.
>>
>>> I'll try and use the snapshot this evening.
>>
>> Or you could wait until Corinna has a chance to make a new snapshot that
>> includes what I think is the fix.
>>
>> Ken
>
> Just creating one...

I was able to reproduce the OP's problem with the 20210426 snapshot, and I can
confirm that it's fixed in the latest snapshot (and in the current git HEAD).

Ruurd, thanks for the report.

Ken