How to reinstall everything?

Sun Jan 17 19:32:15 GMT 2021

On 2021-01-17 11:23, matthew patton via Cygwin wrote:
> can we fix setup.exe to read STDIN with '-P', like so?
> $ echo 'pkg1,pkg2,pkg3' | setup.exe -P -
> and even more useful if the argument can be space delimited.
> $ setup.exe -P pkg1 pkg2 pkg3
> or if that's too much
> $ setup.exe -P pkg1 -P pkg2 -P pkg3

"Use the shell and utilities, Luke!" - prefixed echo to setup.exe for demo:

$ echo setup.exe -P `echo a,b,c`
setup.exe -P a,b,c
$ echo setup.exe -P $(echo a,b,c)
setup.exe -P a,b,c
$ echo a,b,c | xargs echo setup.exe -P
setup.exe -P a,b,c
$ cat file
$ paste -d, -s file | xargs echo setup.exe -P
setup.exe -P a,b,c

$ man dash
$ man bash
$ cygstart /usr/share/doc/bash/html/bash.html
$ cygstart /usr/share/doc/bash/html/bashref.html
$ man xargs