tar 1.33 symlinks : Cannot change mode to...

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Jan 12 18:03:07 GMT 2021

Ken Brown via Cygwin writes:
[…]
> I don't see how that could be expected to work, since several members
> of struct __stat32 have different sizes than the corresponding members
> of struct stat.  I wonder if it worked by accident in the past, but
> the problem is just showing up with newer gcc because of changes in
> how it pads the two structs?

I've just rebuilt tar-1.32 with gcc10 and see this error there too now.
I guess your finding saves me the bother of rolling back binutils and
gcc…

> Corinna, can you shed some light on this?

That'd be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Achim.