problem using gcc-core for compile qemu

Csaba Raduly rcsaba@gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:53:15 GMT 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 15:39, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> have you looked inside the configure script ?
> It clearly needs to be patched for accepting other options,
> and that is the reason why autoconf/cmake/.. were developed
> some time ago.

if check_define __linux__ ; then
  targetos="Linux"
elif check_define _WIN32 ; then
  targetos='MINGW32'
elif check_define __OpenBSD__ ; then
  targetos='OpenBSD'
elif check_define __sun__ ; then
  targetos='SunOS'
elif check_define __HAIKU__ ; then
  targetos='Haiku'
elif check_define __FreeBSD__ ; then
  targetos='FreeBSD'
elif check_define __FreeBSD_kernel__ && check_define __GLIBC__; then
  targetos='GNU/kFreeBSD'
elif check_define __DragonFly__ ; then
  targetos='DragonFly'
elif check_define __NetBSD__; then
  targetos='NetBSD'
elif check_define __APPLE__; then
  targetos='Darwin'
else
  # This is a fatal error, but don't report it yet, because we
  # might be going to just print the --help text, or it might
  # be the result of a missing compiler.
  targetos='bogus'
fi

Looks like the OP is shi^H^Hadly out of luck. The Qemu build system
does not acknowledge the existence of Cygwin.

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler