problem using gcc-core for compile qemu

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:39:13 GMT 2021

On 07.01.2021 04:23, Juan carlos Rebate via Cygwin wrote:
> Good morning happy new year, first of all I am going to ask you that
> when you read my case, do not refer me to another tool, do not refer
> me to another environment, but above all do not ask me to read because
> I already read all of Google and there is no solution , but I refuse
> to think that there is not, it is simply that nobody has bothered to
> publish it.

If the upstream developers have not bothered to use a serious
configure system,, I doubt there is a easy solution.

Questions:

Are you trying to build for Cygwin or for Windows in general ?
why you can not use the Windows binaries ?

> I am using the gcc-core 9.3 package to compile qemu, I use this one
> because mingw does not incorporate all the features that I am looking
> for, and gcc is able to search for resources as it would in linux
> whereas mingw cannot unless the paths are edited.
> the problem that appears to me is the following:
> ERROR: Unrecognized host OS (uname -s reports 'CYGWIN_NT-10.0'), there
> are no options to indicate the target, there are no options to avoid
> the operating system test, (at least not in a simple way). How could I
> solve the failure? I beg that it be done as I have it configured

have you looked inside the configure script ?
It clearly needs to be patched for accepting other options,
and that is the reason why autoconf/cmake/.. were developed
some time ago.

Regards
Marco