cygwin introduces spaces in the console output when running a maven build for a java project in windows 10

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Thu Jan 7 09:05:02 GMT 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 08:38:42 +0000
"KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT)" wrote:
> [...]

Environment TERM is used by various cygwin application. So if
you set it cygwin globally, editor (vim, emacs), less etc. will
be affected. Therefore, you should set TERM to cygwin only for
maven.

The appropriate way is to set TERM=cygwin in /etc/mavenrc or
$HOME/.mavenrc

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>