[cygwin] Re: jansi bug adds spaces to output from maven build using java on w10

Wed Jan 6 08:16:59 GMT 2021

On 2021-01-06 00:53, KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:
> I know exactly what are my options and believe me, there are more than the
> one reported here. In my case, we need to update Cygwin Git in our machines,
> so a solution to stick to 3.0.7 and update only Git is also fine.
 >
> However, we have performed a full update and found the issue with maven in
> our pilot phase. My interest is not personal for my machine, but to prepare
> a Cygwin package to push the update to all developers. I need only to know
> when there will be the new release that will include a fix for this issue as
> I am not aware of the Cygwin release schedule. Based on the information, we
> can decide what option fits better our institution.
As Cygwin is an unfunded all-volunteer project, there are no expected response
times for issues or release schedules, and responses and releases happen
whenever package maintainers have sufficient interest to read the list or reason
to issue an update, and enough free time in their personal lives to respond or
complete the build, testing, documentation updates, packaging, and release
processes. Some of us try to help them out by trying to provide timely and
useful responses with suggestions or workarounds.

As you are a member of an organization with funding, it is up to you to do
whatever your organization requires in terms of timing and can support
internally, including using snapshots, or building your own package releases
from sources.