[cygwin] Re: Noticed that mintty starts non-login bash with "Win+R mintty Enter".

Jason Pyeron jpyeron@pdinc.us
Tue Jan 5 14:27:50 GMT 2021

I do not put Cygwin in my windows PATH, (anymore since about 10 years ago).

> > After looking into docs I got that mintty should be launched with a parameter "-".
> >
> > Probably it was always that way.
> Yes, but it might be appropriate to apply special handling for this case
> and imply login mode if started via Win+R.
> What do others think?

I use an environment where settings are lost at logoff, so I have become accustomed to launching it from the command prompt.

I have not found it too difficult to type

	c:\cygwin64\bin\mintty /bin/bash -l