Tee and file redirections are very slow to write anything.

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 20:59:52 GMT 2021

On 24/02/2021 20:48, ASSI wrote:
> Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin writes:
>> I found recently when trying to save output from a script for later
>> inspection that "tee" and file redirections seem to have massive
>> delays when run in Cygwin - usually nothing is written to file or
>> stdout until after the command has finished - not very helpful.
> You will want to switch from fully buffered to line-buffered or even
> unbuffered output.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

Thanks for the prompt response.

How do I do that? Also, considering that I've never had this issue on
anything except Cygwin (various Linux distros over the years, and macOS,
with a variety of different shells), is there a reason line or no
buffering isn't the default?

Hamish