Python regression related to unix sockets

Fabian Henze fabian.henze@webfleet.com
Tue Feb 23 08:29:01 GMT 2021

Hi Cygwin users,
I noticed a regression in the recent Python packages: Between version
3.6.10-1 and 3.6.12-2, accessing the SSH agent via the paramiko python
package broke. When a ssh agent is used, paramiko tries to connect to
it via the unix socket and just freezes. Python 3.8 is also affected,
but I don't know which was the last working one.
I was able to pinpoint that error to 3.6.12-socketmodule.patch [1].
Reverting/removing the patch fixes the ssh agent access.
A few weeks ago there was a discussion regarding "Problems with native
Unix domain sockets on Win 10/2019", but it seems unrelated as the
cygwin1.dll from [2] does not work for me.

Can you please check if you are able to reproduce that? I uploaded a
script [3] for that.

Best regards,
Fabian Henze

[1] https://bugs.python.org/file49717/3.6.12-socketmodule.patch
[2] https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86_64/cygwin1-20210201.dll.xz
[3] https://gist.github.com/henzef/4e553fad2335227b8f6b4550cd3fa543

--
Fabian Henze | Software Engineer | Bridgestone Mobility Solutions / Webfleet Solutions | webfleet.com
Webfleet Solutions Development Germany GmbH | Inselstraße 22, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany | Amtsgericht Leipzig | HRB 22234 | Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schmidt, Michiel Wesseling

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary
to Bridgestone Europe NV/SA and/or its affiliates, including Webfleet
Solutions, or otherwise confidential or legally privileged. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply, and
delete all copies of this message and any attachments. If you are the
intended recipient you may use the information contained in this
message and any files attached to this message only as authorised by
Webfleet Solutions and/or Bridgestone. Any unauthorised use,
dissemination or disclosure of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail are not to be
considered binding upon Webfleet Solutions and/or Bridgestone.