TLS version problem downloading mirrors.lst?

Brad Wetmore bradfordwetmore@hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:23:31 GMT 2021

Hi Brian, and thanks for the response.

Horray for conflicting information from MS.  🙂

I will look at the IIS tool mentioned in one of the posts.

My registry entries for SCHANNEL and the TLSv1.2 look to be the same between my previous Windows 2012 install and this new Windows 2016 one, so a little surprising.

Do you happen to know if the cygwin.com server hosting cygwin.com/mirrors.lst was recently upgraded to no longer support the earlier TLS versions?

Is mirrors.lst cached somewhere during the install, and where would I find it?  Just wondering why I can't seem to find it on different Windows instances but can still connect.

> Are any of them running legacy Server instances?

I think you are asking whether the mirror server (sonic.net) that I eventually contacted still has TLSv1.0 on.  Probably.  I can check that next week.

Thanks,

Brad