wxWidgets 3.1.5 has not built-in regex support.

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 20:31:56 GMT 2021

On 30/12/2021 20:27, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
> On 29/12/2021 23:25, Carlo B. wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to build an application (Codelite) with the recently
>> released wxWidgets 3.1.5 package, but I'm getting an error because
>> wxRE_ADVANCED is undefined.
>> I suspect that this release has been compiled without the built-in
>> regex engine.
>> Is it possible to fix this this issue?
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Sincerely.
>>

> Hmm, interesting. I thought this happened before and I fixed it?
>
> No matter, I'll rebuild soon and release another test package, as
> other things need fixing. In the meantime, hopefully you can use the
> 3.0.x package, as I believe I fixed this problem in that build.
>
> NB: Please copy emails to me as well as to the list for this -
> otherwise there is a chance I might not see them. I'm the exception to
> the rule here, please don't do this for other people unless they ask.
>
> Hamish

Also, please note, this is a test package, and is known to have issues
eg the unit tests don't pass (or even build) for instance. And it
doesn't yet build on the CI tool. You probably shouldn't be building
other things with this package yet, if you have the choice - please use
the older wxWidgets-3.0 package. I have a commercial product that uses
that package so I know it is robust and reliable.

Hamish