vboxsharedfs - Too many levels of symbolic links

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Thu Dec 9 08:16:56 GMT 2021

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 11:37:39 +0100
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec  8 17:20, Takashi Yano wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:15:42 +0100
> > I confirmed that your patch works nicely.
> >
> > ...except when the drive is created by subst using UNC path,
> > e.g. subst w: \\server\share.
> >
> > In this case, WNetGetConnectionW() fails with ERROR_NO_NET_OR_BAD_PATH.
> >
> > So, I modified your patch a bit.
> >
> > What about attached patch?
>
> Oh, great!  GetVolumePathNameW is the function I somehow missed when
> looking into the Microsoft docs yesterday, so thanks for modifying the
> patch this way.
>
> Please push.

I noticed that this code does not work if UNC path "\\server\share\dir"
(rather than "\\server\share") is mounted to virtual drive.

I will submit a patch for this issue. Sorry for testing insufficiently.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>