sftp hangs when trying to connect to SFTP server

Mark Hansen cygwin@mehconsulting.com
Sat Dec 4 19:18:24 GMT 2021

On 12/4/2021 7:30 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Mark Hansen!
>
>> I'm not sure when this started, but I know for sure I was able to do this in the past.
>
>> I'm running cygwin on Windows 10 and want to connect to an SFTP server using the 'sftp' command.
>
>> Note that when I try to connect to the same SFTP server using a different client, File Zilla, it works.
>
> It seems you are connection to an FTP(S) server, not SSH(SFTP) server.

Yes, it seems. I wonder how this was working before. I have notes showing that I've always
connected using 'sftp'. Anyway, I'm able to connect using 'ftp' so I think the issue
is resolved.

Thanks,