Bug: Emojis (😁) are replaced by unicode replacement character (�) on Windows Terminal

Rafael Kuhn rafa.faelk@gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:48:29 GMT 2021

Using the shell that comes embedded with 'Git for windows' (that includes
Cygwin) and opening it in Windows Terminal, there's a bug that prevents me
from pasting types of unicode characters like emojis in the terminal.

I've opened a ticket in the git-for-windows repo and after testing over the
problem they concluded it was Cygwin's problem and told me to report it
here (ticket link below).
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/3281

The complete description of the problem from people that understand it more
than I actually do is in the ticket.

I'm including cygcheck.out like your guide suggests.
Thank you for your time, cheers.