Terminal occasionally shows duplicate command text when it is split over multiple lines

Ray Satiro raysatiro@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 21:52:06 GMT 2021

I'm using cygwin x86 updated yesterday and when I paste in commands that are split over multiple lines sometimes an arbitrary line will show more than once, even though it is not actually part of the command more than once. For example here's a command:

echo foo \bar \baz \qux

And here's the terminal output when I paste it in:

$ echo foo \qux
> bar \> baz \> quxfoo bar baz qux

$ echo foo \baz \> bar \> baz \> quxfoo bar baz qux

My terminal is mintty 3.5.0 (i686-pc-cygwin). I'm not sure if this is a cygwin issue or mintty issue.