[ANNOUNCEMENT] Test: cygutils 1.4.16-4 (TEST)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sat Aug 21 15:06:56 GMT 2021

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:28:42 -0700
Mark Geisert wrote:
> Hi Takashi,
>
> Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 00:11:51 -0700
> > Mark Geisert wrote:
> >> The following test packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> >>
> >> * cygutils-1.4.16-4
> >> * cygutils-extra-1.4.16-4
> >> * cygutils-x11-1.4.16-4
> >>
> >> This release fixes a couple of issues reported in -3 and re-implements
> >> getclip's capture of Unicode characters from the Windows clipboard using
> >> a different method.  This was required because the original approach
> >> would not work in 32-bit Cygwin operating on 64-bit Windows.
> >>
> >> IF YOU USE GETCLIP TO CAPTURE NON-ASCII CHARACTERS FROM THE WINDOWS
> >> CLIPBOARD, PLEASE TEST THIS NEWEST GETCLIP TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS FOR YOU.
> >> Report any issues to the main Cygwin mailing list.
> [...]
> >> In about two weeks time this package will be marked current unless bugs
> >> are found during this test period.
> [...]
> > I tested the 1.4.16-4(TEST), and confirmed that cygstart, getclip
> > and putclip can be executed on my old machine which does not have
> > AVX instruction.
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> > However, I encountered a problem with putclip.
> > Run 'echo AAAAAAAA | putclip' and paste clipboard to notepad.exe.
> > Pasted string is garbled in my environment.
> >
> > What am I wrong with?
>
> s/am I/are we/ :-\  I can reproduce this.  No idea what's wrong as there were no
> recent changes to putclip.  Let me dig further.  Is this something you've done
> routinely in the past and it was known to work?

No. But I confirmed that this issue does not happen with 1.4.16-2.
1.4.16-3 and 1.4.16-4(TEST) have this problem.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>