[ANNOUNCEMENT] Test: cygutils 1.4.16-4 (TEST)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Fri Aug 20 11:35:18 GMT 2021

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 00:11:51 -0700
Mark Geisert wrote:
> The following test packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * cygutils-1.4.16-4
> * cygutils-extra-1.4.16-4
> * cygutils-x11-1.4.16-4
>
> This release fixes a couple of issues reported in -3 and re-implements
> getclip's capture of Unicode characters from the Windows clipboard using
> a different method.  This was required because the original approach
> would not work in 32-bit Cygwin operating on 64-bit Windows.
>
> IF YOU USE GETCLIP TO CAPTURE NON-ASCII CHARACTERS FROM THE WINDOWS
> CLIPBOARD, PLEASE TEST THIS NEWEST GETCLIP TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS FOR YOU.
> Report any issues to the main Cygwin mailing list.
>
> Excerpt from ChangeLog follows...
> 2021-08-15  Mark Geisert  <mark@maxrnd.com>  (1.4.16-4 release)
>
>     * Makefile.am: Add -lkernel32 to src_clip_getclip_LDADD.  This somehow
>     didn't make it into the released -3 package.  Thank you Takashi Yano.
>     * Fix maintainer build environment issues that caused cygstart crash
>     on non-AVX user systems: Thank you Takashi Yano, Brian Inglis, Achim
>     Gratz and user Jay Abel for reporting the issue.
>     * src/cygdrop/cygdrop.cc: Fix crash with recent gcc and fix printf
>     format strings. Thank you Christian Franke.
>
> 2021-07-05  Mark Geisert  <mark@maxrnd.com>  (1.4.16-3 release)
>
>     * src/clip/getclip.c: Add Unicode support.
>
> In about two weeks time this package will be marked current unless bugs
> are found during this test period.
> More Happy Clipping,

Sorry for late response.

I tested the 1.4.16-4(TEST), and confirmed that cygstart, getclip
and putclip can be executed on my old machine which does not have
AVX instruction.

However, I encountered a problem with putclip.
Run 'echo AAAAAAAA | putclip' and paste clipboard to notepad.exe.
Pasted string is garbled in my environment.

What am I wrong with?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>