many cygwin shells/tools (tcsh, fish, bash, and zsh) crashing STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

David Dyck david.dyck@gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:20:23 GMT 2021

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Brian Inglis  wrote:

> Apparently that Windows Version is for the Windows 11 Preview.
> That appears to be an alpha quality product, from bug fix announcements.
> I didn't find anything much useful from MS or articles only features.
> You might want to reach out for help via the Windows Feedback Hub,
> and/or MS App Assure re compatibility if your org has 150+ licenses.

I'm interested in what could be going wrong that would cause only some
cygwin programs to fail.

I'd be happy to report the issue via Windows Feedback if I could point
to something specific.

Maybe I should rebuild "more.exe" from source?

comparing the mentioned
  more.exe.stackdump
and
   bash.exe.stackdump
it appears that cygwin creates different formats of files but seems to
call them *.stackdump