SSHD causes 100% CPU load

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Thu Aug 5 16:43:31 GMT 2021

Hi Corinna,

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 17:07:24 +0200
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Could you perhaps bisect the issue on your machine?

In my environment, this does not happen with 8.4p1-1 and 8.4p1-2.
However it happens with 8.5p1-1.

> The fact that using Windows ssh is an issue makes me wonder if this is
> some kind of pty problem.

With command 'ssh user@localhost ls', pty does not allocated.
It seems that this issue does not happen if -t option (allocate
tty) is specified. So I think this is not a pty problem.

In order to look into this problem, I tried to build openssh-8.5p1-1
from source, however it cause the error in configure stage:

checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking if /usr/bin/pkg-config knows about libfido2... no
checking for fido_init in -lfido2... no
configure: error: no usable libfido2 found
*** ERROR: configure failed

despite libfido2-devel had been installed.

$ cygcheck -c libfido2-devel
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
libfido2-devel       1.5.0-1        OK

How can I solve this error?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>