Help using Cygwin on AppVeyor by Apache thrift, any lucky guesses?

Mario Emmenlauer mario@emmenlauer.de
Thu Aug 5 10:30:51 GMT 2021

Dear Cygwin community,

I know that my report here is not super helpful, but I'm in a
slightly tight spot, and hope that someone can help me with a
lucky guess?!

I'd like to improve the AppVeyor CI build for the Apache thrift
project for Cygwin. Apache thrift builds and tests on Cygwin by
default, but since a while, the builds have failed with cmake
problems. The error message is not too helpful - so I hope that
someone here may just have had the same issue before and can
help?
We use `apt-cyg` to install the packages, could this be related?

Here is a link to a failed build log:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/thrift/builds/40263513/job/a69xt6m4o0y9x1bw?fullLog=true

cmake fails with the (not so helpful) error message:
C:/cygwin64/bin/cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The corresponding Cygwin AppVeyor installation is:
https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/781143e75cb585c0a88dea3f904c77228531d1d6/build/appveyor/CYGW-appveyor-install.bat

After the install, there is a call to `refreshenv` in the
appveyor.yml, so I think the problem is not due to an incomplete
environment setup.

And the corresponding Cygwin AppVeyor build script is:
https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/781143e75cb585c0a88dea3f904c77228531d1d6/build/appveyor/CYGW-appveyor-build.bat

Any help would be highly appreciated!

All the best,

     Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de