Unable to start Cygwin64 terminal after password change

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] lavr@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Sun Aug 1 19:28:06 GMT 2021

> Unless of course you execute bash with -noprofile.

The only way I can start bash now, is from cmd.exe, since terminal (mintty) is not working for me,
as I explained in my first message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>c:\cygwin64\bin\bash

NCBI_NT+User(1606)@NCBIPC9135 /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32
$ id -un
NCBI_NT+User(1606)

I suppose it should have printed something like "NCBI_NT+lavr", but I truly don't remember what it
exactly was it showing before.  Certainly, though, no numeric part.

I used my real and proper username instead of $USER, in all the commands that I was asked to run and show the output.

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI