[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.908)
Mon Apr 26 11:47:52 GMT 2021
A new version of Setup (2.908) has been uploaded to:
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.905:
- If a selected site URL saved from the last run starts with "http://",
and an identical URL, except starting with "https://", is in the current
mirror list, migrate it from "http://" to "https://".
- Propagate the value of the CYGWIN environment variable into post
install and pre-remove scripts (Thanks to Michael Wild for this patch).
- Warn about unknown package names used with '--packages' or
- Add support for installing a specific package version from the command
line, with the syntax '--packages package=version'.
- Add '--allow-test-packages' option, which allows the consideration of
test packages when upgrading etc. to be turned on from the command line
(Thanks to David Allsopp for this patch).
- Move (potentially localizable) installation progress and package
action strings to string table resource.
- Fix new warnings and build issues with gcc 10.
- During configure, check for x86 gcc configured with incompatible DW2
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
More information about the Cygwin