Chances for llvm / clang update?

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 11:11:24 GMT 2021

On 22.04.2021 10:31, Andreas Heckel via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a chance for an "official" update of clang / llvm. Currently I see v8 here on Cygwin while llvm is now at v12.
>
> I had tried to build v12 in Cygwin by simply running along the instructions on the llvm page. But I failed at a number of options / packages in the past and only got clang and a few tools like clang-format to run under Cygwin. I apologise, but I really have no clue about building anything properly for Cygwin (yet).
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

have you started looking to the current cygwin source package and
patches for hints and guidance ?

Unfortunately the package is without maintainer, and volunteers to take
over are lacking.

https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/clang.html

Motivation/Need is a good starting point for becoming a maintainer,
feel free to post here your issues in trying to compile it;
maybe we can help you

Marco