Cannot access system32 directory from 32 bit cygwin after the commit 456c3a46

Wed Apr 21 16:47:42 GMT 2021

On Apr 21 09:49, Bill Stewart wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 3:20 AM Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> The problem here is the File System Redirector,
> >
> > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winprog64/file-system-redirector
> >
> > This thing is really a problem because it break every, otherwise
> > sane assumption.  Hmm, bummer.  I need some time to think about
> > a solution here.
> >

> Can you elaborate on what "sane assumptions" get broken? (The redirector is
> working as designed, as I understand it?)

A sane assumption is for instance, if you cd to foo, that your in foo.
That's what the FSR breaks in a thorough way.  I. e. on WOW64:

  $ cd /cygdrive/c/Windows
  $ ls -1d Sys*
  SysWOW64
  System
  System32
  SystemApps
  SystemResources

So there are two dirs, one called System32, one called SysWOW64.
Note how there's *no* such directory called "Sysnative".  Still...

  $ cd System32

works fine.  You're just not in System32, but in SysWOW64.  Sane?

Alternatively:

  $ cd Sysnative

works fine and now you're, oh wonder, in System32.  If that's sane,
running head first into a wall is, too :)

Corinna