Cygwin Application Error in KIER - Reg.

Wed Apr 14 12:34:15 GMT 2021

On Apr 14 10:25, Chagarlamudi, Rahul via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Team
>
> One of the user in KIER is facing the issue in opening the application. The error message which the user is getting when he is trying to open the application is "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000364). Click OK to close the application."
> Though application is opening perfectly when we are opening it with " Run as Administrator".

This is a problem on your side:

0xc0000364 is STATUS_ACCESS_DISABLED_BY_POLICY_OTHER

So your admin has set a policy to disable access to an executable as
non-admin.  See, for instance,

  https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2228450&seqNum=11

Cygwin itself does never deliberately emit this error.

> This email is sent on behalf of Kier Group. This email and any
> attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> individual to whom they are addressed. [etc, etc, etc]

Please skip this kind of footer when you send mail to a public mailing
list.  Confidentiality just has no meaning on a mailing list and are
just a lawyers nightmare.  You already sent your mail into the entire
world, anyway :)

Corinna