cgdb fails with cygwin 3.2.0 but is OK with 3.1.6

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Apr 14 03:13:20 GMT 2021

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 15:05:56 +0100 (GMT Summer Time)
Arthur Norman wrote:
> With the latest cygwin if I go "gcc -O0 -g hello.c -o hello" then "cgdb
> ./hello", break main, run then cgdb exits abruptly without sign on
> actually starting my code. If I use just gdb not cgdb all is OK. If I try

Thanks for the report. This bug was already fixed in cygwin git
head by chance.

> "gcd -tui hello" I can single step my code but the display in the top half
> of the window is damaged - eg after a couple of steps it shows lines 5 and
> 6 of the source code twice each, but once normally and once in inverted
> video.

Do you mean "gdb" by "gcd"? If so, this seems to be a bug of gdb
itself. Same happens in Linux environment.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>