Cygwin 3.1.5, 3.1.6 and 3.1.7 builds reporting tty errors with OpenSSH Services in indows Event Logs

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Sep 27 04:25:55 GMT 2020

Greetings, Peter Board!

Please no top posting in this channel.

>> On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 05:45:19 +0000
>> Peter Board wrote:
>>> I’ve sanitised the output, replacing DOMAIN and my user name in this output
>>>
>>> F:\cygwin64\bin>ls -l /dev/*ty*
>>> crw-rw-rw- 1 my_admin_user Domain Users 5, 0 Sep 23 15:44 /dev/tty
>>>
>>> I also generated the ls output when connected via ssh, as otherwise the /dev/pty0 doesn’t exist
>>>
>>> $ ls -l /dev/*ty*
>>> crw------- 1 my_admin_user Domain Users 136, 0 Sep 23 15:39 /dev/pty0
>>> crw-rw-rw- 1 my_admin_user Domain Users   5, 0 Sep 23 15:39 /dev/tty
>>>
>>> icacls F:\cygwin64\dev
>>> F:\cygwin64\dev NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S,REA,WEA,X,DC)
>>>                 DOMAIN \my_admin_user:(F)
>>>                 DOMAIN\Domain Users:(RX,W,DC)
>>>                 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(RX,W,DC)
>>>                 BUILTIN\Administrators:(RX,W,DC)
>>>                 Everyone:(RX)
>>>                 CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>>>                 CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>>>                 Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>>>
>>> Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
>
>> The results seem to be normal...

> Yesterday I tried adjusting the CYGWIN= values to do with symlink creation,
> but that didn’t seem to , tried lnk, native, restrictnative but the errors persisted.

First, it's nativestrict, f.e.

    CYGWIN=wincmdln winsymlinks:nativestrict glob:ignorecase

second, changing env. var alone won't help. ou have to recreate links
themselves.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin