Windows 2019 support?

Sat Sep 19 03:32:26 GMT 2020

On 2020-09-17 09:52, Bill Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:58 AM Chris Bovitz wrote:
> Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern, released versions of Windows.
>> State [sic] January 2016 this includes Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008
>> and all later versions of Windows up to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
>>
>> To me, this implies that Windows Server 2019 is supported, but is that
>> true?  If so, could the FAQ be updated to show that?  Thanks.
>>

> Windows Server 2019 is just the server version of Windows 10 1809. In my
> testing it works without any issues.
>
> My recommendation is for the FAQ to state:
>
> "Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern, released versions of Windows.
> Since January 2016 this includes Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and
> all later versions."

Wanted to enumerate Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 progression to be clear, exclude S
mode, add Cygwin32 on ARM, specify 64 bit only AMD/Intel, and remove any dates
to avoid confusion in future, so patched to read:

"1.2. What versions of Windows are supported?

Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern, released versions of Windows, from
Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2008 and all later versions of
Windows, except Windows S mode due to its limitations. The 32 bit version of
Cygwin also runs in the WOW64 32 bit environment on released 64 bit versions of
Windows including ARM PCs, the 64 bit version of course only on 64 bit AMD/Intel
compatible PCs."

but we are unsure how to get it regened and pushed onto the production web site.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]