cygwin qsort erratic

Stephen John Smoogen smooge@gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 20:55:10 GMT 2020

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 at 16:31, Kurt-Karen Carlson-Lougheed via Cygwin <
cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> B. If you could kindly provide me or point me to the cygwin qsort() source
> I'll check it out myself.

The source code is availble at
https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=newlib-cygwin.git and with the git
command can be cloned using

git clone https://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git

this will create a directory called newlib-cygwin you can cd into . The
qsort source code is in the directory newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/search and
looks to be based off the BSD qsort from around 2002. To see the changes to
this over time one can do a

git blame newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/search/qsort.c

and

git log newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/search/qsort.c

The git log is clear on the changes done in 2018 to reduce stack size.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.