xwin-xdg-menu is not showing menu in taskbar

Wed Oct 21 17:53:47 GMT 2020

On 2020-10-21 11:01, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>> I just managed to restore X-Win functionality by renaming ~/.startxwinrc and
>> running the following commands, which I have now installed in permanent
>> postinstall scripts, to ensure that mime type and icon caches are updated:
>
> It would be more generally helpful if we'd be able to figure out what
> conditions need to trigger these updates so the corresponding packages
> could be fixed accordingly.

The package and permanent postinstall scripts attempt to set trigger conditions
to conditionally rebuild caches as required, but that obviously is not always
effective, so I did my own forced complete cache rebuilds, and added that to my
local permanent postinstall scripts.

[I should flag the names as local with e.g. [0z]p_l_...dash, as I already have
some flagged zp_z#_...dash to restart services and run postinstall as background
tasks to log rebase -is and cygcheck -hrsv, update man-db caches, and for
zoneinfo to add extra aliases and replace identical zone files with links.]